From 100% sheep's milk
Traditional yogurt made from 100% sheep's milk
- 1 Kg clay packaging
- 320 gr plastic container
Did you know that
- It is a high nutrient food as it is rich in nutrients such as proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals and trace elements.
- Compared to other dairy products it is superior to the digestion of its constituents by the body, as its fermentation and the presence of microorganisms create an excellent substrate for the absorption of its constituents.
Health & Nutrition
- It contains high biological value proteins, with very good bioavailability.
- It also contains carbohydrates, with little or no lactose, which is particularly important as it is the choice for people with milk intolerance due to a lack of the enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Potassium, sodium, magnesium, phosphorus and small amounts of iron.
- It is a source of calcium, promoting the growth and maintenance of bone mass, good dental health and overall proper functioning of the body. It is needed especially for population groups such as children, adolescents, pregnant women, menopausal women.
- A particularly important finding from recent studies shows that increased consumption of yogurt and dairy products in general, inhibits lipogenesis and may contribute to weight loss. According to these studies, calcium-rich slimming diets increase lipolysis and thus contribute to weight loss.
- Intestinal Function
- The World Organization for Gastroenterology (WGO) stresses that daily consumption of clinically proven probiotic dairy products, mainly yogurt, is important for the health of our digestive system. These yogurts contain probiotics that are beneficial for good intestinal function as they protect our intestinal flora.
- Yogurt also has a high degree of digestion and absorption. This makes it even more important to contain the ingredients mentioned above. Particularly for ingredients such as iron, calcium and phosphorus create an acidic environment, necessary for their absorption by the body.
Suggestions for consumption
- Yogurt either alone or in combination with other foods such as honey, cereal and fruit is a great meal for breakfast or lunch or dinner. In Greece it is used as a basic ingredient in jazzy and as a dessert with honey and nuts. In the cuisine of the wider Mediterranean region we will find it in yogurt and as an accompaniment to pilaf, kebabs and salads.
- It is also used as a garnish for appetizers, soups, beef dishes and pork. Important is its presence in pastry and more specifically in cookies, cakes, cakes and ice creams. Finally it is used as an additive in margarine.