Σκληρό τυρί από αιγοπρόβειο γάλα
Μπάτζος είναι είδος κασεριού από πρόβειο γάλα. Δεν έχει εξωτερική κρούστα και χαρακτηρίζεται από τρύπες στο εσωτερικό του. Εξαιτίας της χαμηλής λιπαρότητας διατηρείται στην άλμη, για να κρατιέται υγρό. Η γέυση του είναι υπόξινη και ελαφρώς πικάντικη και αλμυρή.
- Container 15 kg
- vacuum 1kg in weight
Did you know that
- Batzos were called the shepherd in charge of milk coagulation in the Vojo area. Batzos cheese is considered one of the oldest Greek cheeses since its production began alongside the feta.
- It is also considered the oldest hard cheese, as its method of preparation is the initial stage through which any preparation of hard cheese, such as kefalograviera, kefalotyri and kasseri, goes through.
- Today it is protected by the European Union as a product of Protected Designation of Origin in the regions of Western and Central Macedonia and Thessaly. It is especially popular with the Sarakatsanis of Macedonia.
Health & Nutrition
- It has a high nutritional value, is rich in protein, calcium and vitamins A, D and E and in the nutrients that are essential for a healthy diet.
- It is a very low fat cheese, which is why it is preferred in low fat diets. It has a maximum moisture content of 45% and a minimum fat content of 25% dry weight.
Suggestions for consumption
- It is a wonderful appetizer as fried but is also used for spaghetti or gravy, with a little tomato and bread.