Hard cheese from 100% sheep's milk
Semi-hard to hard cheese, white to yellow, with a solid mass usually without holes. It has a rich aroma and a light buttery taste, which becomes spicy when cured.
- Wheel 7 kg
- Half wheel in vacuum
- Sticks 3.5 kg in weight
Did you know that
- Kaseri is a semi-hard cheese made from sheep's and goat's milk, with a compact holes-free mass registered as PDO.
- It is mainly made in Macedonia, Thessaly, Thrace, Lesvos and Xanthi from sheep's milk, or a mixture of goat's milk. When mixed with goat's milk, the latter may not exceed 20% by weight.
Health & Nutrition
- It has a high nutritional value, is rich in protein, calcium and vitamins A, D and E and in the nutrients that are essential for a healthy diet.
Suggestions for consumption
- Enjoy it in sandwiches - cold or hot - with a sausage or a Chardonnay wine.
- It is recommended that it be kept at room temperature for 20-30 minutes to release the unique aromas that the sheep's milk carries to its fat.