Hard cheese from 100% sheep's milk
Σκληρό συμπαγές, τυρί με ανοιχτό κίτρινο ή ζαχαρί μάζα και σκληρή κρούστα, που εμφανίζεται σε σχήμα κεφαλιού. Παρασκευάζεται από πρόβειο γάλα.
- Wheel 9 Kg
- Half wheel in vacuum in weight
Did you know that
It is believed to be the oldest of the hard Greek cheeses. Its most salty and spicy taste is precisely because of its long history. Once there were no means to maintain them properly, they had to be frozen at higher temperatures and salted sufficiently to maintain them better.
Health & Nutrition
- It has a high nutritional value, is rich in protein, calcium and vitamins A, D and E and in the nutrients that are essential for a healthy diet.
Suggestions for consumption
- Kefalotyri can be consumed as a table, but it stays in many dishes of Greek cuisine, which need its salty to complement its taste.
- Alone in frying pan, but also as a supplement to fried sausages or seafood, grated over pasta and pies.
- Greek tradition even wants it to be accompanied by fruit, where its spicy taste creates a contrast. Due to its salty taste it best fits white cheeses and white spirits.